Open letter to the people of Indonesia Gracious - Out Reach Define

Open letter to the people of Indonesia Gracious

Share:
Open letter to the people of Indonesia Gracious -
 
0
 
 
  
 
 

Dear friends,

I am writing to ask your support to bring to light the truth about the recent allegations concerning the Jakarta International School, and Ferdi Tjiong and Neil Bantleman, two faculty members JIS currently in custody. I appeal to you on behalf of the community we share.

Let me tell you about my connection to you, at this school and these two men. I came to Jakarta in 1988 to teach the first year at school Pattimura, one of the basic branches of the Jakarta International School. I was eager to immerse myself in the Indonesian culture. I learned Bahasa Indonesia, and how to fast during Ramadan in recognition of those who are less fortunate. I learned Ibu Kartini, and struggles for independence from Indonesia. I fell in love with this nation diversity, AOS, batik, gamelan wayang kulit dangdut nasi padang , and finally my ex-husband, with whom I have a child. While our marriage did not last, we maintain a close friendship, and I consider family to be mine too.

The twenty-four years, I lived in Indonesia will always be remembered as the best time of my life, for the passion and dedication of the teachers I worked with, the beautiful children that we teach and heat and usability of our members of the host community of the countries that have made us feel welcome.

Although I moved to Germany in 2012, Indonesia remains the home of my heart, and for that I thank the generous people. We maintain close ties with the JIS community and our Indonesian family. I come back every May to attend the JIS graduating from high school and see our adult son and our old family pembantu, AOS son, who are among those that we continue to support through their schooling. We do this because we believe in Indonesia, SOA future, and that educated youth are the most powerful resources to support its democracy.

Our son attended JIS for fourteen years. I attribute the good qualities of respect, tolerance and compassion he exhibited JIS teachers who helped shape his character, and many Indonesian people he has grown to love, who also practice these traits, people like Neil Bantleman and Ferdi Tjiong. Ours is just one of many experiences JIS. Thousands of former JIS, both Indonesians and expatriates, live in the world, education, work in hospitals, as environmental activists to save the oceans, world, OSA, and in organizations and NGOs. Many of those attending JIS back later to Indonesia to live and work. Some of them have opened orphanages and sports camps for kampung children. Others work to create solutions for drinking water and electricity available. JIS students and professors, as Neil and Ferdi, participated in the reconstruction of Indonesia, AOS coral reefs, providing housing and education for street children, the middle of the building for humanity, helping with flooding and emergency tsunami, and to many other former and current contributions to Indonesia, AOS future. All of them are committed to live the motto JIS, to be the best for the world.

Now my friends, this is my plea. JIS, this wonderful school, is threatened by dangerous allegations made by a few individuals. innocent teachers of various nationalities were deported or had their passports confiscated. Neil Bantleman and Ferdi Tjiong were falsely accused of the heinous crime of pedophilia, and these two innocent men are being held by police. I fully support a rapid and strong action against the parties who actually engaged in pedophilia or other crime. But these two men are detained without any evidence against them, are not even formally charged with any crime, was not specifically asked about one of the supposed evidence that nobody saw, and, falsehood worse, have recently adopted detector tests. Yet they are not free.

We need your help to ask the top officials of the country to support the rule of law and justice, in which our Tanah Air is governed. Indonesia, AOS future is bright, and now it's time to take a stand against the kind of senseless corruption and greed that seems to be driving these allegations. Help our community JIS continue to thrive in partnership with you, Indonesia. Free help and exempt Neil Bantleman and Ferdi Tjiong.

Kristan Julius

Author and former professor JIS (1988-2012)

#freeneilbantleman #freeferdi

 
0